We thank God for blessing us to see another day. We thank God for sparing us, being merciful, compassionate, patient, loving and kind to us all. He shines His light on the good as well as the evil; He reigns on the just and the unjust. We also thank God for opening our eyes and our understanding, to realize who He is, and what He wants the human family to do in these last and evil days.We must live and govern ourselves according to the Holy Scriptures. You cannot take God’s Holy Scriptures and try to mix it with your own ideas. God is Holy, His Word is Holy and we have to be Holy, if we want to be called children of the Most High God! We thank God for His Holy Scriptures, the inspired Word of God, authorized by God Almighty. The book (bible) let’s us know that all of the scriptures was given by the inspiration of God (2 Timothy 3:16). In the two columns below are some of the most frequently asked questions in regards to different principles and doctrines of the Holy Scriptures. Below the two columns are the biblical answers to all of the questions. You may also click on this link, to download the complete document called THE APOSTLES’ DOCTRINE. Examine yourself to see whether you be in the faith, Let God be True and every man a liar! Peace Be.
(1) Who wrote the Bible? GOD inspired men to write the Holy Scriptures. Man was moved by his own will but by the will of GOD (2 Peter 1:20-21). The Bible says “All scriptures were given by the inspiration of GOD.” (2 Timothy 3:16)
(2) Why are there so many interpretations of the Bible? The Bible has to be rightly divided by a GOD sent man, some are adding to the scriptures or taking away from the scriptures (Proverbs 30: 5-6) (Deuteronomy 4:2). There is only one way to interpret the Holy Scriptures and that is by truth, and that truth should be established on the word of GOD. The Bible says “let every word be established in the mouth of two or three witnesses” (2 Corinthians 13:1), even with that the word has to be rightly divided line upon line precept upon precept. (2 Timothy 2:15), also note these scriptures may not at any time contradict themselves for that would make the word of GOD fallible and unholy!
(3) What men are capable of rightly dividing? Men that are called, taught and sent by GOD. Jesus called 12 men and taught them the writings of Himself concerning the scriptures (Luke 24:27, 44-45). Jesus also taught them the mystery of the kingdom of GOD (Matthew 13:11). Apostle Paul stated in his epistle to the church that he was not taught of men but by the revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:1 & 12). Daniel was the only one who could interpret the writing
(4) What is the religion of the Bible? Holiness (1 Thessalonians 4:7, 1Peter 1:16); God’s religion has always been holiness, from the foundation of the world He wanted us to be holy (Ephesians 1:4). Holiness plainly means to be totally obedient to GOD’s word. The Bible says “we ought to fear GOD and keep HIs commandments, this is the whole duty of man” (Ecclesiastes 12:13). GOD is holy, so would have them that are servants to Him or worship Him to be holy also (Leviticus 19:2). We are to set a standard for the world by putting a difference between holy and unholy. The first step to living a holy life is one must be sanctified from the world (Romans 12:1-2).
(5) How do I know my religion is according to the Bible? Search the scriptures (John 5:39).
(6) What if I don't understand the scriptures? Seek some guidance (Acts 8:30-31). The Bible gives an example of a man reading the scriptures but not understanding and he needed some man to guide him.
(7) Why does one need salvation? Salvation or to be saved means to be delivered from something or someone. Greatest Old Testament example of salvation is the story of the Jews and Moses being delivered from Pharaoh and the Egyptians. God told them to stand back and see the salvation of the Lord (Exodus 14:13)
(8) What do i need deliverance from? Life of sin which leads to eternal damnation (burning in hell) (John 3:17). A lot of people feel like they are not doing anything wrong because of the life they live, don’t smoke, don’t drink, don’t curse, don’t lie etc… But the Bible lets us know our righteousness is as filthy rags, we are all unclean (Isaiah 64:6). The human family took on a corrupt nature from our forefather Adam that subjected all of us to death (Romans 5:12). All nations come from one blood line of Adam & Eve (Acts 17:26). The Bible says we all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, we were also conceived in sin and shape in iniquity (Psalms 51:6). So we MUST be born again (John 3:5-8). Consider carefully that Jesus said “you must be” meaning there is no other alternative.
(9) What is the new birth or What does it mean to be born again? To be born of the water and the spirit. Water: submerged in water in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 6:3-5). Baptism has to be in the name of the Lord Jesus, not in the name of the father, son, and Holy Ghost (Matthew 28:19). Many people have erred by baptizing with this formula. Jesus gave a command and this command was fulfilled in (Acts 2:38). Name is singular, the titles or relationships of father, son and Holy Ghost are plural. Three roles, one name: Father (John 17:22), Son (Matthew 1:21), Holy Ghost (John 14:26, John 15:26). The Bible says, “whatsoever you do, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus” (Colossians 3:17). “Neither is salvation in any other, no other name under heaven given among men where by we must be saved” (Acts 4:12). Three manifestations of the one God: Father-Creator; Son of Redemption, Holy Spirit-Life of the Church (function thereof) (1 John 5:7). Born of Spirit: to be born of the spirit means to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, by evidence of speaking in another tongue as the spirit of God gives utterance (Acts 2:1-4).
(10) Do i have to be baptized in water? Yes!!! Can any man forbid water…(Acts 10:47), Jesus also was baptized in water to fulfill all righteousness.
(11) Do i have to speak in tongues? Yes!!! Sign of one that believes is by the tongue (Mark 16:17). Paul asked a certain group of disciples have they received the Holy Ghost since they believed? Evidence of them receiving it was by the tongue (Acts 19:1-6). Also bear witness that the Gentiles were excepted in the body of Christ (Acts 10:44-48). Remember we must be…born of the water and spirit. Must means that it is of a certainty, Divine Law!
(12) How many GODS are there in the Bible? One!!! GOD is not a name, it is a position held; the supreme being of the universe. GOD being the one who created the heavens and the earth, the sustainer of life gives life & has power to take life away. GOD is in absolute authority of all beings both spiritual and natural. The scriptures says in the beginning GOD (singular) created the heaven and earth. Created heaven alone; spreadeth abroad the earth by myself (Isaiah 44:24).
(13) Is Jesus Christ GOD? Yes!!! Don’t let this confuse you to think that there are two GODS in the Bible. There is but one GOD, Jesus Christ is the manifestation of the one true God. The Bible states that without controversy great is the mystery of godliness, GOD was manifested in the flesh (1 Timothy 3:16); also gives claim to be the express image of the person of GOD (Hebrews 1:3). Very important reading of the first chapter of the gospel of John give claim also of the same testimonies. Examples: “in the world and the world was made by Him”; “the word was made fleshed dwelt among us”. The Apostles in there teachings also address Jesus as the creator of all things (Colossians 1:16, Hebrews 1:2). “All things were made by him and without him was not anything made” (John1:3). The Bible let’s us know that there is but one GOD and one Lord, “The Lord our GOD is one Lord” (Deuteronomy 6:4). Scripture also states, “know ye that the Lord he is GOD (Psalms 100:3). Being that there is only one, Jesus takes claim to be both. Thomas said my Lord and my GOD” (John 20:28). It is very important to note that on two different occasions in the Bible when men acknowledged the name of the GOD of the scriptures, and name of the Lord he was identified as Jesus, giving true testimony that the name of GOD being manifested by the mystery of the word is JESUS:
1. Paul asked “who art thou Lord” response, “I am Jesus”. (Acts 9:5).
2. Stephen calling GOD addressed him by title and name Lord Jesus (Acts 7:59).
So in him dwelleth all the fullness of the godhead bodily. Without a doubt Jesus Christ is GOD almighty (Revelation 1:8). Jesus Christ is the one true GOD.
(14) What do I do after believing and obeying the word? Continue in the Apostles doctrine (Acts 2:42).
(15) What is the Apostles doctrine? Jesus called twelve disciples and he ordained them to be Apostles. Jesus taught them things concerning the scriptures and himself; most importantly, Jesus gave them the authority to be leaders and he established one true church (Matthew 16:16-19). These men went out according to the command of the Lord Jesus and preached his gospel and taught men of the revelation of the scriptures and set up church authority on how one should conduct him or herself in the one true church. These men began to set rules and governments in the church by writing letters to the church, which we call Epistles. The Lord Jesus himself is also called the Apostle (of our Profession).
(16) What are the Epistles? Epistles are letters that are addressed to baptized believers. The Apostles wrote these letters to the church that they might conduct themselves in a holy and righteous manner. To give them an understanding of the revelation of GOD and the will of GOD. Epistles were written after the gospels and the establishment of the church (The Book of Acts), so beginning at Romans through the books of Jude are letters to those that have been called out of the world and have believed on the truth of the gospel. When people read the Epistles, they should know what is expected of them and how they should conduct themselves in all aspects of life: in the function of the church, in the family, in social behavior while living here on earth. The bible states in one of the letters to the church (Epistle) that we are living epistles written in heart, known and read of men (2 Corinthians 3:2-3); meaning, people should see our life as baptized believers and see the lifestyle of a saint of GOD. Most importantly, the Epistles should encourage and edify the people of GOD for the hope of the gospel to which we have believed.
(17) What about the Old Testament Scriptures? A lot of people think that the Old Testament scriptures are no longer needed in the New Testament church, WRONG! The Bible states that the things written aforetime were written for our learning (Romans 15:4), also that they were ensample unto us (1Corinthian 10:11), remember the Bible stated that Jesus taught them from the Law, Prophets and the Psalms, the things concerning himself (Luke 24:44). Lo I come in the volume of the book…(Hebrews 10:7). Even the establishment of the church is built upon the Prophets and the Apostles, Jesus being the chief cornerstone (Ephesians 2:20). Lord Jesus on time used and analogy (Matthew 13:52) that the instructor of the establishment of the kingdom of God is one that is able to bring forth out of his treasure things new & old; which means one should be able to go in the New and Old Testament of the word to establish the truth of the Gospel and edify the church which is the spiritual kingdom of GOD.
(18) What is the church? The church is a called out people (1Peter 2:9). To be in the one true church, which is built upon the foundation of our Lord Jesus Christ, is to be called out of the world, separated and sanctified in the Lord.
(19) How many churches are in the Bible? Two!! There is an Old Testament church (Acts 7:38), or a natural church which was in the wilderness. There is the New Testament church that is spiritual, which is built upon our Lord Jesus Christ (Matthew 16:18).
(20) How many churches are there now? One!!! Understand the things that were written aforetime were written for our learning (Romans 15:4). The Old Testament church, which was the Israelites, were a natural example for us in the New Testament church. The Israelites were people separated from all other nations by the one GOD of the Bible to bring glory to his name (Deuteronomy 7:6). Circumcision was the covenant that brought them in the kingdom (established by Abram, Genesis chapter 17). Circumcision pointed to the shedding of blood as a token of the covenant. These people had God as their King, and GOD established laws that would separate the from the rest of the heathen nations, through Abram being called out…(Genesis 12:1) and the Israelites being bought out of bondage (Exodus 13:3). This was the establishment of a separated people by the will of the Lord. But in understanding the mystery of the scriptures we now see that this was pointing out to the development of our Lord and Saviors coming that a church may be established in his name which would not be a natural covenant, but a spiritual one. So now we must be born into the church. The Bible says, “we are in the one body by the one spirit” (1 Corinthians 12:12). The church of the first born, the general assembly as described in Hebrews 12:23 is called “firstborn” because it’s the first spiritual church in the scripture and you must be born into it. This is the church triumphant, this is the church in which Jesus said, “the gates of hell shall not prevail”, this is the church that was established on the day of Pentecost. The church is a spiritual temple it is the mystical body of Christ. One body, many members, though it may have different titles there is but one church: 1) Bride, 2) Son, 3) Temple, 4) Body, 5) Holy Nation, 6) Royal Priesthood, 7)Peculiar People, 8) Kingdom of God, 9) Spiritual House etc. There is one church built upon the foundation of our Lord Jesus Christ. A church that is already victorious (1 Corinthians 15:57).
(21) Where did all these other churches come from? They are the traditions of man in his carnal state of mind (Matthew 16:13-19). There were different opinions concerning Christ on who he was, but the spirit of the living God revealed unto Peter, not flesh and blood. The Bible states “those that worship GOD must worship him in spirit and in truth” (John 4:24). Men these days are not following the spirit because the spirit is not in them (1 Corinthian 12:3), so without the leading of the truth of the Holy Spirit carnality has led to the establishment of many false churches. “There is one Lord, one faith and one baptism” (Ephesians 4:5). GOD’s number is 1. Many are running but only one receives the prize and that one is the true church that was built upon the Apostles and Prophets, Jesus Christ the chief cornerstone. Jesus said “church” not churches. JESUS ONLY: (Matthew chapter 17) the disciples witnessed the transfiguring of the Lord and wanted to build three tabernacles. But after being touched by the Lord and a voice speaking to them from heaven they saw Jesus Only. There is only one true church in the Bible, the church of the Lord Jesus Christ (one faith).
(22) How do I know I’m in the right church? Examine yourself whether you be in the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5).
ACCOUNTABILITY Being that Jesus stated “upon this rock I will build my church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it”, there are some things that will not be able to stand against the gates of hell or should we say the power of hell. Hell is an eternal state that was made for the devil and his angels (Matthew 25:41). Because of his disobedience the human family has also been subjected to the same accountability for the disobedience of our forefather Adam through the deception of the devil on the whole entire human race. Being we all took on Adam’s corrupt nature, death has been our penalty. By this we should understand our Lord’s purpose for manifesting himself (1 John 3:8). That heh came to destroy the works of the devil and to gain all authority here on earth and in heaven (Hebrews 2:14).Being that GOD cannot die, he took on our nature and humbled himself to the point that he was subjected to die even the death that was considered a curse, the death of the cross (Philippians 2:7-10). For this cause Jesus the Lord Jesus was able to state that “All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth” (Matthew 28:18). Because of his victory over death, hell, and the grave, he now has authority (keys) over death and hell (Revelation 1:18), and it is for this purpose and this purpose only (Salvation of the Soul) that our Lord Jesus Christ came. He dies that we might be saved from the powers of hell.
(23) Is there a Hell? Yes, the lake of fire (Revelation 20:14-15, Revelation 21:8). Understand that the bible talks about hell as a resting place for the dead (Psalms 16:10). David stated that the Lord would not leave his soul in hell. But when the Bible talks about a burning hell this is eternal damnation for that are out of the will of God. That’s why hell will be cast into the lake of fire.
(24) Who will go to the lake of fire (hell)? Revelation 20:14-15, Revelation 21:8, Revelation 22:15. While we are here on this earth we have a chance and opportunity to believe or not to believe and obey the gospel of our Lord. If not there will be an accountability for the life we individually choose, it is a known fact that we must all die, it’s an event that will past upon us all, and then there is a judgement (Hebrews 9:27). The only exception is if the Lord comes back for his people (2 Corinthians 5:10). We must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ. The conclusion of the whole matter is that we should fear GOD and keep his commandments.
A. WOMEN PREACHERS
(25) Has GOD ever called a woman to preach? No!!! GOD has never called a woman to preach or teach as far as expounding on the scriptures, Old and New Testament the same. GOD has always used men for his purpose of publishing the gospel. He told the Apostles to go forth and teach all nations…Paul picked it up and said “I suffer not a woman to teach nor usurp authority over the man” (1 Timothy 2:12). He stated in 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 “to let the women keep silence in the church”, it’s not permitted unto them to speak. He was not talking about testifying or singing; he was addressing the issue of prophets addressing the church. In the book of Revelation 2:20, the issue was addressed because the people there suffered (allowed) the woman who called herself a prophetess to teach; but, the Lord Jesus stated that he gave her space to repent, but if she chooses not to repent, she will receive judgement with all that follow her. The prophet Isaiah stated that the “women that rule over you cause you to err” (Isaiah 3:12). The wise man Solomon who sought out to find the account says, “among the men I find one among a thousand, but a women I find not” (Ecclesiastes 7:27). The prophet Ezekiel also cried against the false prophetess (Ezekiel 13:17). GOD has never called a woman to preach or teach and never will! He says my voice has gone out to the sons of men (Proverbs 8:4). Let it be noted, we know that the scriptures give women authority to prophesy but this means to foretell an event, this is where we get a prophetess. It is not given to them to cry loud and spare not, as it is given to the men (prophets). For example: Deborah (Judges 4:4), Anna (Luke 2:36), and Phillip’s four daughter (Acts 21:9). The scriptures say, “let the older women teach the younger women” (Titus 2:3-5). The Bible lets you know the issues they should deal with and this comes from the experience of the older women. There is no need for her to expound on the scriptures but to share testimony and experience of being a godly woman in the household. All woman who say that the Lord has called them to preach is a liar and all liars shall be cast into the lake of fire. The Bible says “not to add to the scriptures least ye be found a liar” (Proverbs 30:6). Revelation 22:15 lets you know that all that are without the city (New Jerusalem) are liars. Any woman that says that GOD has called has called her to preach or any woman standing in the stead of a man expounding on the Holy scriptures has added to the scriptures.
B. REMARRIAGE AND DIVORCE
(26) What does the scriptures say about marriage? Marriage is a sacred covenant between a male and a female ordained by GOD almighty (Genesis 2:23-25, Malachi 2:14). It is a covenant that is established on the foundation of vows unto GOD and consummated by the two becoming one flesh. Marriage has been instituted by a Holy GOD, and this is a permanent relationship here on earth, with two becoming one flesh. Death was and is the only vehicle that could end this holy covenant. “What GOD has joined together, let no man put asunder” (Matthew 19:6).
(27) Is it alright to divorce? No!!! In the Bible, putting away means divorce. God says that he hates putting away (Malachi 2:14-16). A lot of people run to Moses Law in Deuteronomy 24:1, where it is stated that a bill of divorcement could be written to put away one’s wife, but the Lord Jesus Christ condemns the law by saying “in the beginning it was not so” (Matthew 19:8). In reading the situation in Mark chapter 10:1-2 this is one of several occasions where the Lord Jesus Christ expounded on the institution of marriage, the sacredness of marriage and how divorcement is forbidden in the sight of GOD. Paul in his address to the men about divorce was not to put away the wife (1 Corinthians 7:11-12). Bound by divine law (Romans 7:2-3).
(28) What about the exception of fornication? (Matthew 19:9) Fornication is an unforbidden sexual act committed between the unmarried. Married people do not commit fornication, but on the other hand they do commit adultery. When Jesus says, “except it be for fornication” this was addressed to those that were espoused to their mate before the consummation of marriage. A great example in the Bible is the situation between Joseph and Mary (Matthew 1:18-19), so fornication can only happen during the engagement period when one has committed to marry another; afterwards all is adultery between the two.
(29) Is it alright to separate according to the scriptures? Yes!!! Again in understanding that putting away means to divorce. Understand this also, that to depart means to separate not to divorce. 1 Corinthians 7:10-17 states that one could depart but to remain unmarried or go back to her husband. In reading this passage of scripture also focus on the word depart in different situations. Because if the unbeliever decides to leave the marriage you who may be the believer is at peace with GOD concerning your situation, when the scriptures say, “you are no longer under bondage” (1 Corinthians 7:15); it does not mean you are free to marry for this would make the scripture contradict themselves, remember death separates the divine institution of commitment (marriage).
(30) What about situations before salvation? “Marriage is honorable in all…”(Hebrews 13:4). A lot of people try to use the scriptures to justify their sinful situations. They use the scripture “if any man be in Christ he is a new creature old things are passed away” (2 Corinthians 5:17).They use this to justify having second wife or husband while the first is still alive. This is wrong, to have two living spouses in this dispensation is a sin, for one is clearly living in adultery. Marriage is honorable in all, meaning marriage has nothing to do with salvation. When GOD ordained marriage it was for all, not just those that were saved. So whenever you were married you made a vow unto the GOD that sanctioned marriage. As long as your mate is alive you are bound by divine law, which is greater than any law of the land. The Bible states that adulterers and whoremongers will be judged and as you have read earlier that whosoever put away his or her spouse and marry another, committed adultery (Mark 10:11-12). Adulterers and fornicators can not inherit the kingdom of GOD (1 Corinthians 6:9). Whoremongers would be cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 21:8, Revelation 22:15). Just in case your not sure what whoremongers are, they are those that unlawfully come together without the consent of GOD’s divine law.
(31) Is it alright to remarry while ones spouse is still living? Absolutely Not!!! Read the answers from questions 26-30.
(32) How does GOD feel about homosexuality? He hates it (Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13). Homosexuality is an illicit sexual act before the eyes of GOD. GOD created male and female and nothing else. Anything other than that is from the devil. Homosexuality is an abomination in the sight of GOD. Abomination meaning that GOD detest the acts anything contrary to his will. Male and female were set up for the procreation for the human family to be fruitful and multiply, which cannot happen with the coming together of two men or two women. We see in Genesis chapter 19, the accountability of the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah because of of their illicit sexual tendencies. The way God feels about all abominable acts has not changed, for he says “I am the Lord, I change not” (Malachi 3:6). In Revelation 21:8 you will find that the abominable will be cast in the lake of fire. The New Testament church cries out against this sin also, to the point even if you support this evil activity, you will be held in the same judgement (Romans 1: 26-32). This socially improper act will keep one from entering into the kingdom of GOD (1 Corinthians 6:9). Effeminates are ones having qualities attributed to women. In the Old Testament the scriptures uses the word Sodomites. This was one that had the nature or characteristics of one from Sodom. Here are two different incidents in the scriptures: a) An evil King in his rule allowed the filthiness of the act of sodomy to continue in his kingdom in which the Lord was not pleased (1 Kings 14:21-24). b) The second incident shows the role of a good king and by doing that which was right in the sight of the Lord, he cast out the Sodomites (1 Kings 15:9-12). One always tries to justify this act by saying that GOD is love, which is true, and he loves everyone, this is also true. The Lord Jesus does love everyone and demonstrating his love by coming down and dying for the sins of the world (John 4:42), but he HATES SIN. Homosexuals and lesbians must repent of there wicked ways or hell will be there portion.
D. KEEPING DAYS
(33) Should the church keep religious holidays? No!!! (Galatians 4:10, Colossians 2:14-16).
(34) What does the scriptures say about Christmas? Absolutely nothing!!! Christmas is not mentioned in the Bible at all. The world has taken on this day, saying that December 25 was the day Christ was born; but, being that it’s not according to the Bible, that makes it a LIE. Nowhere in the Bible did the Lord tell us to remember his birth day/date or celebrate the foolish traditions that man has come up with. His purpose for being born was to die for our sins as he stated himself, “for this cause was I born” (John 18:37). If GOD wanted us to remember his birth day/date he would have told us just as he told us to commemorate his death and suffering until he comes (Luke 22:19).
(35) Were any gifts given on his birthday? No!! Study the scriptures carefully, when Christ was born there was not one gift passed on that day. The wise men were not at Bethlehem, but it was lowly shepherds that were present and not one gift was presented (Luke 2:7-20). Except the gift of GOD and that was his son the Savior of the World. The world has tried to justify gift given by the acts of the wise men. By the time the wise men got in contact with the Lord, he was at least two years old and it was not indicated in the scriptures that it was his birthday (Matthew 2:9-16). The purpose of bringing gifts was the reverence of honoring a king, which the Lord Jesus Christ was King of Kings.
(36) What about decorating trees? This is simply Heathenism! The scriptures cry out against decorating trees by telling us not to learn the way of the heathen (Jeremiah 10:1-5). This is exactly what the so called church world has done. They have taken on the custom of man which is contrary to the worship of GOD. The custom of the people are vain. Those that worship GOD should worship him in spirit and truth (John 4:24). The church world know not what they worship.
(37) Is there accountability for celebrating Christmas? Yes! Let us make it plain and simple, everything about Christmas is a lie out of hell. We made mention of a few without even getting into the nonsense of Santa Claus, Reindeers, Elves, putting ip lights etc. Being that all this is a lie or either heathenism, let’s a sincere person know right away that if liars are going to be cast into the lake of fire why should I even chance my salvation for the following of the multitude of evil for a season (Deuteronomy 23:2, Hebrews 11:25). A lot of people believe that celebrating Christmas can’t send them to Hell, unbelievers have a place also have a place in the lake according to scriptures (Revelation 21:8). “Whosoever loveth and maketh a lie” (Revelation 22:15). This is what the Bible says and this is how the people feel, they love Christmas and have made a bunch of lies…. “let GOD be true and every man a liar” (Romans 3:4).
E. APPAREL (CLOTHING, DRESS, JEWELRY)
(38) Does the Bible address the issue of clothing? Yes! the Bible addresses the issue of clothing so a child of GOD would know what is acceptable to GOD. The scriptures direct most issues to women because of the woman’s body being fashioned in the likeness of the church (bride), and also it is for her protection and discretion. However there are divine laws for the man also according to the Holy Scriptures.
(39) Should women wear pants? No!!! (Deuteronomy 22:5) The scriptures let’s us know that this an abomination unto the Lord, for a woman to wear that which pertaineth to a man and vice-versa. Pertaineth and abomination are the key words in the scriptures. Remember abominations are things that GOD hates, also keep in mind that abominations unto the Lord have never changed. Once an abomination, always an abomination. I’m a GOD that changes not (Malachi 3:6). Most importantly as we have mentioned before the abominable will be cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 21:8). The word pertain means: that which belong to, associated with or connected with. For example, when we use the phrase “who wears the pants in the house”, this refers to the man or one in authority. Also, when one goes to the restroom and the door has a picture with someone in slacks, this let’s us know that this is for men. The picture with someone in a dress, let’s us know that this one is for women. A man should not wear a dress, skirt, etc so is the case for women.
(40) What does the scriptures say about jewelry?
Although the scriptures uses certain articles of jewelry for the adorning of the church spiritually (Ezekiel 16). It os not given to the saints of GOD to adorn themselves outwardly with these worldly articles for men or women. Most of this is taken on by pride and going after the things of the world. So if on were trying to govern themselves according to the scriptures he would abide by the word of GOD that he might live holy.
(41) What does the scripture say about head coverings? If there was not a need for women to cover their head the issue would not have been dealt with in the scriptures. If covering the head means having hair on your head, this would not make sense. For why would the Apostle tell the women to put hair on their head being as though they are born with it anyway. Apostle Paul deals with the issue of head covering and head cutting. (1 Corinthians 11:5-6) interpretation: The scriptures makes it plain that the women should cover her head when praying or prophesying, oppose to the man having his head uncovered. By doing contrary, is as if she had her head shaven. But it is a shame (sin) for a woman to have her head shorn (cut) or shaven (Deuteronomy 21:12, Numbers 5:18). Being uncovered is synonymous with being shaven or shorn (cut), so the woman is to cover her head. (1 Corinthians 11:7-10) interpretation: As the Apostle goes back in the creation of man and shows the order thereof (1 Timothy 2:13), man being the image and the glory of GOD, woman the glory of man and woman made for the man, It is for this cause that the woman is subject to the man. As stated in verse 10, she ought to have power on her head. Power meaning she should have a covering on at all times, this goes beyond praying and prophesying. In doing this, she is showing her submissiveness to the man (her head), so when the scriptures say she ought to have power on her head, it shows forth a sign for a woman in her greatest role of authority that is being obedient and yielding to the Holy scriptures. (1Corinthians 11:11-15) interpretation: We see in the latter part of the scripture that the man and the woman are made for one another, GOD put a difference between the two genders. One is to cover and the other is uncovered. Also we see one has long hair, the other has short hair. It is a shame for a man to have long hair, so in order for it not to be long he must cut it. A woman having long hair, in order for it to be long, she should not cut it. This coincides with the earlier scriptures about shaven and cutting. (1 Corinthians 11:16) interpretation: Most people use this scripture thinking that the Apostle is stating that we have no such custom, again I say, why would time be taken out to address this situation if it were not an issue? So if any man seem to be contentious, or rebellious to what has been set out, Paul is saying we have no custom contrary to that which has been written, so there is no need to appeal (neither the churches of GOD).
(42) What does the Bible say about hair? We have dealt with the issue of hair cutting for the man and the woman in question #41. The Bible also deals with the woman plaiting and braiding (broided) their hair (1 Peter 3:3, 1 Timothy 2:9). In Isaiah 3:24, the accountability for the woman, for her pride (Isaiah 3:16) is to have a baldheaded in stead of well-set hair. If one does not think the issue of hair is important, the Lord Jesus does. His divine care for the human family is shown by his awareness of the very hairs of your head, for they are all numbered (Matthew 10:30). Your hair is apart of your body and scripture states that we ought to present our body a living sacrifice.
(43) What does the Bible say about men attire? Again many issues on attire for saints are addressed to the women. But the scriptures do state that as godly men can’t be conformed to the ways of the world nor love the things of the world and these broad commandments take on the conduct in which we decide to present ourselves. Men should not wear that which reveals to uncomely body parts, but as men we should be grave and wear that which is suitable and not unseemly. 1 Thessalonians 5:23 states that we should sanctify our body and be preserved blameless unto the coming of the Lord, along with present your body a living sacrifice (Romans 12:1). Clothes are put on your body, so how we dress is a part of our sanctification. All jewelry issues that are addressed to the women does not exclude the men. As the woman’s apparel is to be modest, so are the men.
F. FINANCIAL OBLIGATION
(44) What is required of me in giving? The requirement in giving is that one give from a cheerful heart and not grudgingly or of necessity (2 Corinthians 9:6-7). Giving should come from the heart as on has purposed in his mind, the scripture says if there be first a willing mind (2 Corinthians 8:12), it is accepted asa man has. So one should always give according to the ability in which he is able to give. You cant give what you don’t have.
(45) What is the benefit of giving? Just as in all things we do for the Lord we do it by faith and obedience. The scripture teach us upon the first day of week (1 Corinthian 16:2) let everyone give as the Lord has prosper them. In giving also we must understand the blessings in giving that it can be beneficial. Let’s not be deceived, first of all it takes money run a church (Ecclesiastes 10:19) on the business aspect of things. But in our giving we are blessed in the law of spiritual actions and reactions or spiritual sowing and reaping. Scriptures admonish us that in sowing sparingly we shall reap sparingly, in contrast to sowing bountifully we should reap bountifully (2 Corinthians 9:6). Wisdom teaches us also about having a spirit of withholding how it can hinder our blessing or in turn how we can be blessed by our liberality (Proverbs 11:24-25).
(46) What about tithing? (Malachi 3:8-10) When men first began to pay tithes it was unto the Lord, Abram the father of faith (Genesis 14:20) Jacob the father of the 12 patriarchs (Genesis 28:22). This was before the dispensation of law in which it was instituted that the priest of the Levitical Priesthood should receive tithes along with others that worked in the temple and that the people of Israel should pay tithes unto the Levitical Priesthood (Numbers 18:21); but, being that there was a change in the law there was also a change in the priesthood through our Lord Jesus Christ. So again we pay tithes unto the Lord because he is our High Priest. This is all explained in Hebrews 7:1-15. Consider that promise was before the law along with
(Galatians 3:17-19) tithes being before the law so if anyone should receive tithes in this dispensation it should be the Lord through blessing the house of GOD. None of the Apostles ever received tithes, so why should we receive tithes? “Will a man rob God?…the whole nation has in tithes and offering”.
(47) What about the man of GOD? The scriptures also teach us about blessing the man who labors in the Gospel. They that preach the gospel should live of the gospel (1 Corinthians 9:13-14). The Bible says the laborer is worthy of his hire (Luke 10:7); that thou should not muzzle the ox that treadeth the corn (1 Timothy 5:18). On the other hand the man of GOD should not let this be his purpose for ministering. Scripture admonish this office not to be one of greediness or filthy lucre
(1 Timothy 3:3, 1 Peter 5:2).
531 Long Ln
Upper Darby, 1642 19082
The way to Jesus: